Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Roadside Marine

Okay, I've blogged about the motorcycle before.  I forgot to mention the place of purchase.  Picked the bike up from Roadside Marine.  I normally wouldn't mention this but I would have to say the customer service has been great.

Long story short:

  • Used bike purchased in January with a 30 day warranty from Roadside Marine (which doesn't carry Suzuki)
  • About 6 weeks ago, I noticed a slight smell of gas and just wrote it off as just a motorcycle thing
  • Paint bubbled and tank showed a small leak
  • Checked the web for easy solutions... aren't any
  • Went back to the shop thinking I was alone.
  • Chris (that sold me the bike) told me to head to service and they would help me out.
  • Spoke with Dan and we talked about a few options.
  • Brought the bike in
  • Service acid washed the leak
  • Acid made the leak worse
  • Dan informed me that Roadside would not be happy with the results and ordered a new tank
  • Picked up the bike a bit later with a new tank.
  • Cost of new tank through Suzuki dealership:  $ 700+
  • Cost of new tank from Roadside: $ 0
  • Didn't cost me a penny

If you didn't bother to read the above bullet points here is the summary...  If you are going to buy a motorcycle, ATV, boat, etc. give Roadside a shot.  Roadside Marine

No comments: