Sunday, March 20, 2016

Garden beginnings

What a difference a day makes.  Due to the rain on the past few weekends, Sara and I have not been able to make it out but this past Saturday it was gorgeous outside and we were able to clean the garden up a bit - moved a few things, weeded the beds, and added some mulch.  When I went back this morning... what a difference a day makes after the garden is cleaned up!


One and a half rows of peas - sugar snap, super snap and pea pods - can't wait!


Brocoli and a bit of garlic - even the spindly little plants are starting to look good...


Beets and lettuce - beets started from plants and lettuce started from seed



Lettuce - might be close to harvest time


Swiss chard - the slugs were getting it when we first started but we added some "Sluggo" around the perimeter and this seems to have worked.


Six asparagus plants - We won't be able to harvest this for the first year so I guess we're are committed.

No comments: