Certainly progress however minimal... notice the pin board (the dark wood - this may or may not be considered endangered rosewood - Harrison collected the wood a very long time ago as he is a wood snob and before it would have been considered endangered - I hope I don't get arrested for posting this....), this sits under the bridge and protects the soft wood of the top
The view above shows the "scalloped" bracing. The majority of this shaping is done by hand and to get the final shape takes lots of....you guessed it....time.
Another view of the shaping
The two smaller braces above are ultimately tapered to be flush with the top at the ends. As you can see from the photo, I'm close but I would love to do just a little bit more to flush the ends. The last two photos aren't of the greatest quality but if you look closely at the bottom photo, there is just a fine piece of wood on the cross just below the sound hole. This is to help solidify the cross support lap joint.
To be honest, this set of pictures has more to do with the fact I want to document how this is done so I have a reference of pictures in case I'm silly enough to build another. This has been an amazing project and I would imagine this will not be the only build.
No comments:
Post a Comment