Realized I didn't show the actual workbenches on the original post. Sometime 4 or 5 people building but today it was just Harrison and I.
The top is ready for sanding. Harrison apparently will take the purfling and abalone of the rosette to the surface of the spruce. From what I can tell, this sander is able to adjust by 1/1000th of an inch.
- The top is Carpathian Spruce with an inner ring of black and white purfling followed by New Zealand Abalone (sandwiched between two layers of purfling) and an outer ring of purfling.
Next is getting ready for the top bracing. You can't see it in the photo but this board has a very shallow bowl to it (28' diameter) to give just the slightest curve to the braces. Actually pretty easy work but time consuming for this part. Was only able to get a couple of the braces sanded before the hands decided to cramp up and I called it a day.
- The braces are Englemann Spruce
The sides have been cut of Asian Rosewood but they aren't pictured here at the moment. I have done some basic sanding to get rid of the marks from machining but it's basically two long (and VERY thin) pieces of wood.
No comments:
Post a Comment