Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Skull Base

Granted I'm blogging about.... well, let's just say I'm a bit late.

Went in for my annual follow up (no growth by the way) and my Neurosurgeon invited me in to observe a similar case to mine.

While I could have done without the part were the nurse said "You might want to put on safety glasses because there will be bone flying around in just a moment"; it was pretty amazing to watch.

The doc was all scrubbed in and focused on what he was doing when took a break and looked up and noticed I was in the room. He introduced me around and invited me to look through the microscope. He proceeded to point out structures and what he was doing. To be honest, it seemed that he was just picking away at a pink blob... guess that's probably why he makes the big bucks.

No comments: