Monday, June 16, 2008

Yet another ride

I find upstate New York to be a really nice place to explore. Not too much traffic, really well maintained roads and fantastic scenery; it's really hard to go wrong.

Spent the day riding by Mt. Philo, on the shorelines of Lake Champlain through Vergennes, and across the lake using the Champlain Bridge.

Now I can't take any credit for the pictures in this particular blog as I found all these images on the Internet but I can give some of the links (and more importantly... I'm probably not riding mid-winter with ice on the lake).

Champlain_bridge

Champlain Bridge

Google Link to Crown Point Bridge

crownpoint1

Crown Point Lighthouse

crownpoint

Crown Point

Passed through Port Henry, Westport, Whallonsberg, and 'ended' the ride by taking the Essex-Charlotte Ferry home. Nice calm lake with a glass like surface, sunshine and geese flying North in their telltale 'V' just above the water. What a great way to spend a day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crap. What am I doing thinking about moving to Nebraska? Thanks for the pictures.